Pune: On Wednesday, 9th December, the DST-CII Tech Summit 2020 hosted the CII Industrial Innovation Awards 2020. These awards were conferred by the Secretary, Department of Science and Technology (DST), under the Ministry of Science & Technology, and Past President, Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) & Chairman, CII National Startup Council, Kris Gopalakrishnan, to a total of 27 companies for processes, products, services, technologies, and other types of innovations which have the ability to fuel growth in the industry.
DST Secretary Ashuthosh Sharma remarked that awards like the Industrial Innovation Awards improve the innovation system within every organisation by focusing on their innovation framework.
These awards were given at the session on Innovation And Start-Up Ecosystem in the summit and included 18 regular awards, 8 category awards, and 1 grand award given to the most innovative company of the year. A special category of award was introduced this year to acknowledge significant contributions through innovative solutions from research institutions.
Awards in Research Institutions’ segment
I. Top 25 Innovative Company Award
- Access Healthcare Services Pvt. Ltd.
- Aditya Birla Capital Limited
- RV Forms and Gears An ASM Technologies Limited Group Company
- Biocon Biologics Ltd.
- Collins Aerospace
- Cyril Amarchand Mangaldas
- Dow Chemical International Pvt. Ltd.
- Matrix Comsec Pvt. Ltd.
- Nokia Solutions and Networks India Pvt. Ltd.
- Ramani Precision Machines Pvt. Ltd.
- Richcore Lifesciences Pvt. Ltd.
- SAP Labs India Pvt. Ltd.
- Sigma Electric Manufacturing Corp. Pvt. Ltd. Pune, India
- Sundram Fasteners Limited
- Tata Chemicals Limited
- The Tata Power Company Limited
- Tata Power Delhi Distribution Limited
- Tata Steel Limited
II. Category Award Winners
- Medium Enterprise in Service Sector
Winner: Nicco Engineering Services Limited
- Large Enterprise in Service Sector
Winner: Philips Innovation Campus, Bengaluru
- Small Enterprise in Manufacturing Sector
- Medium Enterprise in Manufacturing Sector
Winner: Thejo Engineering Limited
- Large Enterprise in Manufacturing Sector
Winner: Pidilite Industries Limited
Winner: PRAJ Industries Limited
III.The most innovative research institute of the year
- Disruptive Innovations
Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Madras
- Innovation Quotient
Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Roorkee
IV. Grand Award Winner-The Most Innovative Company of the Year 2020
Lakshmi Machine Works Limited – TMD
– DST-CII Summit: India, Portugal discuss science & tech collab in water, healthcare, agritech, ICT
– New Public-Private Partnerships shaping between India, Portugal: Sec Sharma at DST-CII Tech Summit
– DST-CII Tech summit deliberates science & tech collab opportunities for India, Portugal
This information was provided by the Communications Team at the Dept. of Science & Technology, Ministry of Science & Technology.
Subscribe to Indus Dictum to receive a briefing about the latest news & feature articles. No spam, we promise.