New Delhi: A two-day chintan shivir (brainstorming session) is being organised at the Statue of Unity, Kevadia, Gujarat from 17 to 18 February for senior officers of Ministry of Coal and Chief Managing Directors of coal companies to strategise on the topic – Way Forward for the Coal Sector.
The session will be inaugurated by the Union Minister for Coal & Mines, Pralhad Joshi, who is also expected to actively guide the discussions on the agenda topics. Domain experts in various fields are invited for detailed deliberations towards reaching the target of one billion tons production by 2023-24 as a way of eliminating the import of coal, which is a substantial drain on the foreign exchange outgo.
The major topics that will be taken up for brainstorming are:
- Future of coal in India
- Strategy for achieving one billion ton production by Coal India Ltd
- One billion ton strategy for evacuation
- Support of local communities and sustainable coal development
- Investment in the coal sector and business diversification
- Alternate models of land procurement
- Seva – Community support program
An outcome report based on the deliberations will be published to guide the coal sector in the coming months.
Subscribe to Indus Dictum to receive a briefing about the latest news & feature articles. No spam, we promise.