New Delhi: The Union Cabinet chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi was apprised of a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between the Ministry of New & Renewable Energy of the Government of India, and the Ministry of Energy of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, for cooperation in the field of renewable energy. This was signed on 29 October 2019 in Riyadh.
The MoU aims at setting up a framework for cooperation between the two countries in the field of renewable energy in the following areas:
- Upgrading the level of technologies and their applications in the field of renewable energy.
- Contributing to the field of renewable energy to raise its efficiency in the national energy combination in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
- Developing the Renewable energy projects in Solar, Wind, Biogas, Geothermal and other fields of renewable energy.
- Development and localization of value chain in the field of renewable energy.
- Developing and boosting uses of solar energy small applications for buildings, homes and others.
The MoU has been approved by the cabinet.
Subscribe to Indus Dictum to receive a briefing about the latest news & feature articles. No spam, we promise.